You must login to post a message.

3scort3 - 29.03.24 / 13:18

meanwhile u can make a MajorLeeStoned2.

willy - 28.03.24 / 19:57

BTW premium can't be bought. Except by PSX

willy - 28.03.24 / 19:56

48 times.

MajorLeeStoned - 28.03.24 / 10:38

oops . meant to say ive played this server over 48,00 times according to my stats.

MajorLeeStoned - 28.03.24 / 10:35

thanks guys .. still nothing, ive okayed this server over 48,000 times! Do i need to pay for a premium to get back on ?

HeartOf20Men - 27.03.24 / 20:23

MajorLee hope they figure it out and we see you back bro!!

AkopJan - 27.03.24 / 09:33

Major! Major! Major! Major! Major! Major! Major! Major!

willy - 27.03.24 / 01:16

Release the major!

MajorLeeStoned - 26.03.24 / 21:33

im in the uk. Tried everything . reinstalled .. router off for 30 mins to get a new DHCP IP ..nothing working

MajorLeeStoned - 26.03.24 / 21:32

Im seeing in the forum people waiting months to years and no admin responses! IS THAT IT FOR ME THEN ? Pissed off!

Shoutbox Archive
 VIEW THREAD off
2F4Y.com | English Forums | About 2F4Y.com
Author Hello, you have failed to connect.
Avago

Posted on 13-01-2015 03:02
It's nice to see an unmodified BF2 server with rotating maps still drawing regular players; thank you for keeping your server up. I wish it were easier for me to connect to.

About one in fifty attempts to join your server succeed. The rest fail with the following message:

"You have failed to connect. Please check your network connection(s) and try again."

My install is properly patched, punkbuster is updated. Removing all routers and firewalls between my computer and cable modem did not make successful connections more likely. Tracing all hops between myself and the server's IP yields nothing out of the ordinary. Other servers accessible through BF2Hub connect without issue. I am running out of ideas.

Does the 2F4Y BF2 server require anything that others don't? Has anyone else encountered this issue and found a means of resolving it?
Author
Wildcat_PL

Posted on 15-01-2015 18:51
Do you have any troubles connecting to other servers? f.e. SUPER@nfantry ??
Is this problem 2F4Y specific?
Author
Avago

Posted on 17-01-2015 00:42
Other servers seem unaffected. I've tried the various SUPER@ and VBIOS servers, 62TOF.com, NRNS-GAMES.com, etc. and they connect fine.

Most successful attempts to join 2F4Y have thus far occurred when the server was in the middle of changing maps. The number of open slots doesn't seem to impact the likelihood I'll get in.
Author
Wildcat_PL

Posted on 17-01-2015 20:23
perhaps someone with technical expertise should take over. Perhaps your connection to server can be traced and analysed from the server side.
Author
keza

Posted on 17-01-2015 22:46
Avago wrote:
It's nice to see an unmodified BF2 server with rotating maps still drawing regular players; thank you for keeping your server up. I wish it were easier for me to connect to.

About one in fifty attempts to join your server succeed. The rest fail with the following message:

"You have failed to connect. Please check your network connection(s) and try again."

My install is properly patched, punkbuster is updated. Removing all routers and firewalls between my computer and cable modem did not make successful connections more likely. Tracing all hops between myself and the server's IP yields nothing out of the ordinary. Other servers accessible through BF2Hub connect without issue. I am running out of ideas.

Does the 2F4Y BF2 server require anything that others don't? Has anyone else encountered this issue and found a means of resolving it?
very simple solution, if the server rejects the connection and that's what happens when the server is full and you probably tried several times to get in on the server and ond you receive the message that the srver refused your connection. Try that you're connected to another server when you're connected, press (Esc) and then try on to the server 2f4y.because of me sometimes happened that the server refuses connection ,and then I did what I Explainsmiley

I tell you everything that is really nothing, and nothing of what is everything, do not be fooled by what I am saying. Please listen carefully and try to hear what I am not saying.
Author
Avago

Posted on 18-01-2015 16:57
keza wrote:
very simple solution, if the server rejects the connection and that's what happens when the server is full and you probably tried several times to get in on the server and ond you receive the message that the srver refused your connection. Try that you're connected to another server when you're connected, press (Esc) and then try on to the server 2f4y.because of me sometimes happened that the server refuses connection ,and then I did what I Explainsmiley

I appreciate the help, but I think your solution is to a different problem. Joining another server does not make joining 2F4Y any easier, and unless 58-61 players is considered full, I've been trying when there has been space available.

And the correlation between map change and getting in looks to have been coincidence. It hasn't made a difference these last times.

Well, I suppose the answer to my original question is "no, this is unique to you." If the server setup works for all other players, and my setup works for all other servers, I guess my only recourse is to keep clicking.
Author
Clubradio
Super Administrator

Posted on 18-01-2015 22:32
Avago wrote:
Well, I suppose the answer to my original question is "no, this is unique to you." If the server setup works for all other players, and my setup works for all other servers, I guess my only recourse is to keep clicking.

Your game client sends invalid data packets to the server during the connection/join process which are automatically blocked from the servers security modules. This is a problem on your local system (e.g.: a corrupted BF2 installation, macro scripts, to many background processes interrupting the BF2 process and similar issues) or less likely but still possible just a bad internet connection.

2F4Y.com - Hated, Blasted, Deified! smiley
Zu viele Drogen, zu viele Schlägerein,
Ich war nicht immer Sieger aber viel zu oft dabei!
Ich weiß wie es sich anfühlt, wenn Knochen splittern,
Ich weiß wie es sich anfühlt, wenn Hände zittern!

The Art of Diplomacy is telling someone to go to hell in such a way that he is actually looking forward to enjoy the trip! smiley
"The act of teabagging has become popular in multiplayer first person shooter video games. This is executed by the player who just killed an enemy running over to his corpse (if any) and repeatedly crouching in his opponent's face. This is done to imply domination or humiliation. Although teabagging is generally considered bad sportsmanship, its use is widespread throughout amateur and professional gaming." ^^

» View Image in fullsize
Veritas et Aequitas & In dubio pro reo
Author
Avago

Posted on 19-01-2015 02:44
Thank you for looking into it, Clubradio. Still baffling, but at least it gives me some avenues to try beyond cursing the ghost in the machine.
Author
Wildcat_PL

Posted on 20-01-2015 22:29
Try backuping all your BF2 related modifications - scripts, macros, localization files. Install a clean version and try connecting. If it works try aplying your personal stuff to the game. I strongly suggest JSGME - it allows you to switch mods on/off without changing original files.
Author
Avago

Posted on 20-01-2015 22:33
Wiped the OS and re-installed, problem persists. Installed BF2 on my Windows 8 laptop, same issue. My modem and its ISP have been the only constants; those are things I'm not willing to change. I give up.

Thanks again for the assistance.
Author
one2one69

Posted on 21-01-2015 09:57
I had this issue on a regular basis,"You have Failed to connect",I would have to keep trying to connect maybe 20 times before it would.The issue was port forwarding, as soon as I forwarded all the relevant ports it solved the problem.
Author
Avago

Posted on 22-01-2015 23:52
Disabling any software firewall and connecting directly to a modem should be functionally the same as forwarding all ports. Unless the modem itself has an integrated router; mine does not. Disabling my firewall and connecting directly to my modem did not fix my issue.

Thank you for the suggestion, though. Be thankful you found a fix to yours.
Author
Coffeecup132

Posted on 30-05-2015 09:04
Same situation here. I can connect easily on any server either on the Hub or BF2R, but for 2F4Y it involves a lot of tries before I can get in.
Anyone found any solutions yet?
Author
themanofwar

Posted on 02-12-2016 18:52
Clubradio wrote:
Avago wrote:

Your game client sends invalid data packets to the server during the connection/join process which are automatically blocked from the servers security modules. This is a problem on your local system (e.g.: a corrupted BF2 installation, macro scripts, to many background processes interrupting the BF2 process and similar issues) or less likely but still possible just a bad internet connection.

Thank you Clubradio... ending none window processes running the the background seems to have resolved this issue for me but time will tell.

Lead, Follow or Get Out the Way!!
Author
GaMe1OveR1

Posted on 25-12-2017 15:08
hello, i was banned on 2f4y server,(10.09.15 - 02:45 30.09.15 - 17:23 WATCHLIST) . please, admin, help me to get unbanned, because i think it is a mistake, i am good player, who always respect the rules. thank you! my nickname in bf2 is <GaMe*OveR>+1
Author
BaNgAlOt

Posted on 25-12-2017 21:25
GaMe1OveR1 wrote:
hello, i was banned on 2f4y server,(10.09.15 - 02:45 30.09.15 - 17:23 WATCHLIST) . please, admin, help me to get unbanned, because i think it is a mistake, i am good player, who always respect the rules. thank you! my nickname in bf2 is <GaMe*OveR>+1

http://2f4y.com/viewpage.php?page_id=39&show=addplayer
Jump to Forum:
 LOGIN off
Username

Password

» Register Username
» Forgotten pass?
 LOYALTY SYSTEM off
 JOIN TEAMSPEAK 3 off

2 Users @ TS3 online

• Lacky
  • REZANNNNN

MY BF2 BUDDIES off
 REQUEST AN ADMIN off
 REPORT VIOLATION off
 UNBAN REQUEST off
 PB UPDATE HOWTO off
Copyright © 2007-2024 2F4Y.com | A-1100 Vienna, Austria. All rights reserved. | Terms & Conditions