You must login to vote.
 SHOUTBOX off
You must login to post a message.

willy - 28.03.24 / 19:57

BTW premium can't be bought. Except by PSX

willy - 28.03.24 / 19:56

48 times.

MajorLeeStoned - 28.03.24 / 10:38

oops . meant to say ive played this server over 48,00 times according to my stats.

MajorLeeStoned - 28.03.24 / 10:35

thanks guys .. still nothing, ive okayed this server over 48,000 times! Do i need to pay for a premium to get back on ?

HeartOf20Men - 27.03.24 / 20:23

MajorLee hope they figure it out and we see you back bro!!

AkopJan - 27.03.24 / 09:33

Major! Major! Major! Major! Major! Major! Major! Major!

willy - 27.03.24 / 01:16

Release the major!

MajorLeeStoned - 26.03.24 / 21:33

im in the uk. Tried everything . reinstalled .. router off for 30 mins to get a new DHCP IP ..nothing working

MajorLeeStoned - 26.03.24 / 21:32

Im seeing in the forum people waiting months to years and no admin responses! IS THAT IT FOR ME THEN ? Pissed off!

JohnlRusl - 26.03.24 / 21:14

i'ld say vice versa - national firewalls block bf servers

Shoutbox Archive
 VIEW THREAD off
2F4Y.com | English Forums | About 2F4Y.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Author Continue 2F4Y.com?
Clubradio
Super Administrator

Posted on 12-02-2017 20:42
Since we are announced the end of 2F4Y.com during february 2017 a lot of questions was raised by the community. Now i found time to answer some of them.

Why did we decide to shut down 2F4Y.com?

Of course there are several reasons but the main reason is definitely a lack of time and motivation. There are so many tasks to do behind the scenes, it's almost impossible to count them all. Its starts with technically maintaining the website, the gameserver and all it's associated extra services specifically designed for 2F4Y.com and ends with more generic but heavily time-consuming tasks like administrating the report list, watching demo files, manage unban requests and monitor players to keep cheaters out of your lovely game.

Futhermore, in 2017 our BF2 server provider is changing things on their system and we don't know how long they still will provide BF2 at all. So there is a high probability that we are forced to change our provider. In that case we would have some extra work for the gameserver switch, continuous effort to maintain and secure the server hardware and to deal with all kind of other impacts a provider/server change usually has.

In addition to all this issues above, there were also a few more specific reasons.

As we founded 2F4Y.com in 2007 the intended Project Lifecycle was 5 years but now we've already 10th anniversary! During this time we always worked hard - not just for 2F4Y.com but for BF2 in general. In 2008 we funded and supported the BF2ahd project which fixed the well known commander hacks and protected the whole Battlefield 2 community from server crashes. Of course almost every ranked server used it but nobody did ever care who initialized it. In April 2014 as EA announced the BF2/GameSpy Shutdown with June 2014 we put again a lot of money on the table to support the BF2Hub Project to make sure the whole BF2 community can continue. So far so good, BF2Hub did a great job but due to the fact that also other teams replaced the GameSpy services a real negative campaigning against BF2Hub started. Tons of non proofed accusations, untruths and other statements full of hate was posted all around the BF2 community to defame BF2Hub. I've probably never read so much bullshit at all. However, if that wouldn't be enough: some people didn't understand that 2F4Y.com is not BF2Hub and started their torrent of hatred also against 2F4Y.com - why? Because we attempt to help the whole BF2 community...
At some point you start asking yourself: "Seriously, why i should care about that crap at all?" and your motivation to invest any further energy, time and money is close to zero.

I guess the only reason why we didn't end 2F4Y.com years ago was you - the community. We always was aware that some of you guys really appreciate Battlefield 2 and this project. Exactly for those people, we were willing to take the hard work, to continue 2F4Y.com until the end of it's planned Project Lifecycle. Exactly to those people i wanna say thank you once again for the past 10 years - every day was worth working and fighting for you.

Is it possible to continue 2F4Y.com?

First of all, if you have read my post carefully then you have hopefully realized that we didnt close the project due to lack of money but mainly due to lack of time and motivation.

However, if the community entirely takes over the monthly project costs by donations we could imagine to continue 2F4Y.com AS IS and AS AVAILABLE.

That means, as long as the donation goal is reached each month we could let the project continue but you can't expect that we invest time to fix any issues immediately or at all. Maybe we will add, remove, restrict or update features - it solely depends on our time and motivation.

You should be aware that the community must take full responsibility on our request. This includes the responsibility for in-game administration as same as managing services and features we provide. If necessary we will select trusted members from the community for such tasks.

If the community does not sufficiently support the project but especially if the donation goal for a month is not entirely reached we will close 2F4Y.com without further discussion.

Now what?

Now you should post your opinions about that offer. In a few days we will decide what comes next and whether or not we are willing to change our mind.
Author
one2one69

Posted on 13-02-2017 09:15
It seems a possible way to keep things going.How much per month will be needed? What roles will need to be filled for the Administration side of things ?
Author
JackRyan

Posted on 13-02-2017 16:22
First of all, thank you for your extensive explanation. Greatly appreciated.

Secondly, I am willing to donate. Along with the others who are also willing to donate, it think it must be possible to bring up the monthly costs, with relative ease. Perhaps we could do this through some sort of a crowd funding platform, where one can check if the monthly goal has been reached. And it may be a good idea to donate in advance for every few months or so, so that there is always some budget available for the months ahead.

Thirdly, perhaps it's an option to scale down the website somewhat (like the report section), as this takes a lot of work to maintain (like watching the demo's and so forth). I think the admins would do a good job anyway, just kicking and banning according to their own judgment, in-game. Appointing more trusted players as admins would be a great idea anyway.

And perhaps it's an interesting idea to organize another community battle (in time), to revive some interest among the regular players.
Edited by JackRyan on 13-02-2017 16:24
Author
eRASTER55

Posted on 13-02-2017 17:15
I am an avid player since Battlefield1942 and appreciate the effort. BF2 Hub games run better than they played on EA.com. Hope to see it survive, and disappointed there are so few players left. from Atlanta eRASTER55 eROCK55 eRETIRED55
Author
Wildcat_PL

Posted on 13-02-2017 17:42
Thank you for your post Club. We certainly appreciate the effort you and the other admins put in maintaining the server. I think I can speak for all regulars when I say we certainly try to keep this server friendly, encouraging teamwork and fairplay.

I too think that raising money is possible, and we should do it if it will keep the server alive.

If you need manpower please consider recruiting some more admins (I for one would apply).

Perhaps I can re-raise the issue of "admin-support" trusted players that would be allowed to kick rulebreaker instantly when observed something bad on server and provide proof later via report system.
Author
JackRyan

Posted on 13-02-2017 18:53
I would definitely endorse Wildcat for admin smiley
Edited by JackRyan on 13-02-2017 18:54
Author
FINwidowmaker

Posted on 13-02-2017 20:24
JackRyan wrote:/...
Thirdly, perhaps it's an option to scale down the website somewhat (like the report section), as this takes a lot of work to maintain (like watching the demo's and so forth). I think the admins would do a good job anyway, just kicking and banning according to their own judgment, in-game. Appointing more trusted players as admins would be a great idea anyway.

And perhaps it's an interesting idea to organize another community battle (in time), to revive some interest among the regular players. .../

What you say about crowfounding seems to be a good idea.

About reports, well right now the online admins already does most that work, if there is a need for cutting some functionalities (player reports) or if they need help they knows. The bans have to be stored somewhere anyway for unbans... But sure design changes can be considered if necessary.

About Big Wars, I played in a 32x32 Big War some month ago, with BF2Hub if that says anything to you! smiley You can play Big Wars!

Wildcat_PL wrote:Perhaps I can re-raise the issue of "admin-support" trusted players that would be allowed to kick rulebreaker instantly when observed something bad on server and provide proof later via report system.

In game admins... Might give some extra help from admins side. If proofs are good reports section is going more efficiently, while it also could add extra work in report section if bancrazy hammers smiley.
If trusted players are given them such roles then why not give them permissions in report section aswell (I dont know if there are backups or if that section is easy to have control over as it is).
But yea small steps could be a alternative good starting step, to see if players are suited for the task!
But generally the rulebreaking ingame seems kinda low, atleast for me or it might be cause admins does such a good job! smiley

The difference now is some additional tasks like the crowdfounding that has to get started, the highest priority together with other tasks that headadmins are responsible for today, to set them free! That might require more admins. I do think the admins today would appreciate some help in like the reportsection thought!

If someone is technical, that migh help. So far I only done some c, c++, some SQL, beginner at computer science... But I want to be good with that so if there is something to learn I would be interested. : ) That would of course require alot of work, things have to be secure and stable, bigger changes in code could be for the future! smiley Someone experienced in the the technical field?

"Its just a game!" - "BF2!"
Edited by FINwidowmaker on 13-02-2017 20:41
Author
votzenfrosch

Posted on 14-02-2017 18:44
Sounds like a good solution.. I would also be willing to donate on a monthly basis.
Author
Wildcat_PL

Posted on 14-02-2017 19:51
Thank you Jack... smiley I see you want to play a non-public community battle smiley If we get the continue this server and organise another battle I promise you it will be best experience in gaming you've ever had. Those wars I had here. You cannot compare it to anything in public gaming. It's like single player RPG versus 20+ clan players going on an organised mission to kill a dragon, with strategy, assigned roles etc...

Unless a dedicated infantry squad leader crashes a car with a jet in first 10 seconds of the round and fucks up entire starting strategysmiley Do you boys remember young wild pussy cat?
Author
Theo

Posted on 14-02-2017 21:21
Wildcat_PL wrote:
Unless a dedicated infantry squad leader crashes a car with a jet in first 10 seconds of the round and fucks up entire starting strategysmiley Do you boys remember young wild pussy cat?

that must've been embarrasing

Everythings the way its supposed to.
Author
VanSanD

Posted on 14-02-2017 21:55
Wildcat_PL wrote:

Daqing Oil Fields vs VBIOS?
Author
mesito

Posted on 14-02-2017 22:08
Lol @ Wildcat - sounds like a proper Leeroy Jenkins stunt you pulled of there...smiley
Author
Rosettenritter
BF2 Admin

Posted on 14-02-2017 23:50
Good news for now. We can take care about the watchlist and website to if you want, that is no problem. And of course, we will also donate money to keep this alive

http://spieler-daten.de/bf2_stats/-_-Rosettenritter1
Author
Wildcat_PL

Posted on 15-02-2017 10:28
I'm sure it was dalian and I think that was vs VBIOS yes... on the other had I remember kotyHUN redling trick in jalalabad, so I also have good memories smiley Oh old days...
Author
Birdy

Posted on 15-02-2017 12:42
i think its good idea to have some automatic pay system to play on the server like 1 or 2 dollar a month, to pay all the cost for the server and forum
if they dont pay they cant login the game and registrate on the forums
most people are willing to pay but are just to lazy to press the donate button, with some force u help them
its also fair and we all pay the same small amount
now its easy for some because they can play anyhow, donate or not so most wont donate
the goal will always be reched in this way
u can give people a month free playing time to think if they wanto go on playing on the server
Edited by Birdy on 15-02-2017 12:47
Author
not_local

Posted on 15-02-2017 13:34
I am willing to donate. smiley

https://www.bf2hub.com/stats/86978601
https://www.bf2hub.com/stats/194628403 Das ist mein Bruder.

The Old Father wound the skeane of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish. But you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits man nothing.
Author
Chaes

Posted on 15-02-2017 13:38
Birdy wrote:
i think its good idea to have some automatic pay system to play on the server like 1 or 2 dollar a month, to pay all the cost for the server and forum
most people are willing to pay but are just to lazy to press the donate button, with some force u help them
now its easy for some because they can play anyhow, donate or not so most wont donate
u can give people a month free playing time to think if they wanto go on playing on the server

I'm guessing about 5-10% of the players will donate. So then the server will be dead.

It is not a matter of “if'', but “when”
Edited by Chaes on 15-02-2017 13:38
Author
Wildcat_PL

Posted on 15-02-2017 14:08
I think it should be volunteer donations with a script in-game informing that we need donations to keep the server alive and amount needed for next month or so. But frankly these are small technical things that can wait until later.

For now Club has to see how much support he can get from us here and decide. Thats the important part.

Then we can discuss details.
Author
Birdy

Posted on 15-02-2017 14:58
Chaes wrote:
Birdy wrote:

I'm guessing about 5-10% of the players will donate. So then the server will be dead.

beside of this i think its also good to promote the server to attract more players
like live streaming Twitch and oher populair game streaming sites or whatever to get the server more busy
because allot people dont know this server excist, or dont even know bf2 is still allive since gamespy is down and never hear about bf2hub
Edited by Birdy on 15-02-2017 15:10
Author
Birdy

Posted on 15-02-2017 15:34
Chaes wrote:
Birdy wrote:

cant miss 1 dollar? 94 euro cent a month?
even my toilet paper cost more
and all other multiplayer games cost much more
but promotion is also important
Edited by Birdy on 15-02-2017 15:37
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Jump to Forum:
 LOGIN off
Username

Password

» Register Username
» Forgotten pass?
 LOYALTY SYSTEM off
 JOIN TEAMSPEAK 3 off

0 Users @ TS3 online

MY BF2 BUDDIES off
 REQUEST AN ADMIN off
 REPORT VIOLATION off
 UNBAN REQUEST off
 PB UPDATE HOWTO off
Copyright © 2007-2024 2F4Y.com | A-1100 Vienna, Austria. All rights reserved. | Terms & Conditions