Yes, multiple hours a day

Yes, but still more BF2

Tried it once

Not at all

You must login to vote.
 SHOUTBOX off
You must login to post a message.

NewKiller - 19.04.24 / 19:23

Look at this russian cocksucker now? ohh seriously you don't? Tsar Rezan is bothered, lets leave guys

NewKiller - 19.04.24 / 19:22

Pattarapong is ten times better than these dogs, at least he is a human being who has a heart

Rezi - 19.04.24 / 19:21

And I certainly won’t read appeals from a sick and offended person)

NewKiller - 19.04.24 / 19:20

You can suck eachothers dicks all day long in teamspeak, keep your doggish barks in there.

glek19 - 19.04.24 / 19:20

rezan is Russian Pattarapong replaces his Thai colleague

NewKiller - 19.04.24 / 19:19

Rezan, it doesn't matter if you care or not, just stop barking at people you fucking fog

mesito - 19.04.24 / 18:28

https://www.youtube.com/w
atch?v=CUN8pdgA0m8

Rezi - 19.04.24 / 18:05

I don’t care at all about the opinion of the offended person)

NewKiller - 19.04.24 / 15:45

You are full of bullshit Rezan

Rezi - 19.04.24 / 09:28

On the contrary, I appreciate the majority of players for continuing to play BF2

Shoutbox Archive
 VIEW THREAD off
2F4Y.com | English Forums | General Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Author Teams bf2
theblackhawkx

Posted on 19-06-2019 21:35
Hey everyone

Im pretty sure a lot of people will agree that lately playing on 2f4y is a damn nightmare. I mean, almost every round the teams are not balanced at all, i see very good players switching to only one team making the game unfair as the other team has no response for their chopper/jet rampage. Not to speak about the padrape that some of them like to do to not even giving the other team chance to take off and defend themselves. I understand that this is an old game and probably those good old players just want to play together and have some fun but its not fair for all other players that cant do anything. When a round ends with a dominating team with good players and other team with nothing i often ask for team balance at the start of next round but almost never i have seen someone switch to balance the teams.. Myself, i don't care playing against good players i like the challenge, whenever i enter the game i switch to fight the good players but when all the good players are on one side its impossible to do anything.. Some of you will say that this is a no rules server but cmon most likely this is the only server alive of an 15 year old game, maybe we can do some effort to make it fun for all

Anyway just some thoughts because lately it has been really annoying to me that i cant play my fav game because of this, i want to hear your opinion on this too, and sorry for the english
Author
Dexel

Posted on 19-06-2019 21:57
Let's be real there is nothing we can do, suggesting adding rules like no baserape/no padrape will get you scolded simply because the server has been the same for years, when people get used to the same shit everyday and with most of the playerbase unable to speak english adding rules will be a problem in adjusting to it.

Randomizing teams is a good idea and you dont necessary have to get used to it. Some rounds you get to play with your friends and sometimes against them, there will always be someone to complain but in the big picture its the best for everyone. How it is right now is just a big snowball effect when it comes to balanced teams. Essentially the teams are "randomized" on server restart, but the more rounds and maps that goes on it becomes more and more unbalanced because many will change to the stronger teams
Author
Dr_Reiska
BF2 Admin

Posted on 20-06-2019 00:41
Teambalance has been issue as long as I can remember and I have never seen a good solution to it. Even in old times teams got very unbalanced, but perhaps the teamstrength changed faster due to more players going in and out.

Randomizing teams was used here at some point, but got lot negative feedback if I remember correctly (didn't like it either back then). But I agree that it's been bad lately and I wouldn't object randomizing teams.
Author
theblackhawkx

Posted on 20-06-2019 01:59
Honestly i would just like some effort from the experienced player that play the game everyday, you can say ecr, skruf, llexicon, ewox.. all of em, if you could just switch teams when you see that your team is completly dominating other imo it would solve a lot of rounds being so bad... its just a simple thing and imo you would have more fun fighting against experienced players than just killing noobs, the other day i asked for balance and skruf switched, was happy about that, maybe others can do it to, just wanted to say. Thanks
Author
HowAndWhen

Posted on 20-06-2019 04:27
theblackhawkx wrote:
Honestly i would just like some effort from the experienced player that play the game everyday, you can say ecr, skruf, llexicon, ewox..

Why would you ask of cheaters to play fair?

On another note; team scrambling is the only solution to this. I don't see how you could possibly argue against it. Perhaps the "negative feedback" you received were from teamstackers upset they had to put in effort.
Edited by HowAndWhen on 20-06-2019 04:28
Author
theblackhawkx

Posted on 20-06-2019 05:03
I don't know if they are cheating, if you think so you should probably post some proof before saying anything. Anyway, this isnt for discussing that topic.

Yeah, i agree with you, normally this happens because of teamstackers, i would like to think its because people want to play with their friend and not to get easy kills. But a team of a 6-player squad of pro jet choppers players is hard to counter if other team has no good players. Of course randomizing teams would be an efective solution but until that is discussed and applied to the server, i was just trying to get some people attention to make an personal effort and make the server more playable.

Anyway, i dont know who you are ingame, maybe you can help sometime with the "cheaters"smiley
Author
theblackhawkx

Posted on 20-06-2019 05:09
Dr_Reiska wrote:
Teambalance has been issue as long as I can remember and I have never seen a good solution to it. Even in old times teams got very unbalanced, but perhaps the teamstrength changed faster due to more players going in and out.

Randomizing teams was used here at some point, but got lot negative feedback if I remember correctly (didn't like it either back then). But I agree that it's been bad lately and I wouldn't object randomizing teams.

Maybe recruit some more active mod's to switch players ingame when they see unbalance? We can try stuff, randomizing teams every round may be a bit harsh because of course there are times that you really want to play with someone and getting switched every round i understand could be a bit annoying. But anyway, im down for that if that makes the game more fair for everyone.
Author
Dexel

Posted on 20-06-2019 06:34
Switching people in the middle of a game is just gonna piss them off, tedious work. Randomizing teams is the only real solution, some will switch to play with their friends and that would be okay, it doesn't necessary mean every round will be balanced, but it's way better than the teams stacking up round after round. It's boring for everyone, nothing more boring than full cap on dalian/wake etc..

Downsides are that you could play on I.E US side on blackpearl twice in a row. Or as said before not being on team with friends. Wich I can understand, we had randomized teams on battlelog servers and.it worked great.
Author
LaZeR

Posted on 20-06-2019 11:04
I wouldn't be against trying team randomizing either.

However, if the scripts that the server is running, can monitor player scores, wouldn't it be better to balance the teams based on performance in the previous round/map?

Basically the server would look at the total score of both teams, then switch the players around until both teams would have as similar total score as possible. Preferably while still maintaining the people who are in a squad together in the same team.

I don't know how that would work out in practice, but I suspect it would be the best option. If it's not possible, too bad.
Author
Chaes

Posted on 20-06-2019 11:57
Bit ironic that some of the people here pleading for team randomization are part of the problem themselves.

It is not a matter of “if'', but “when”
Edited by Chaes on 20-06-2019 11:59
Author
Clubradio
Super Administrator

Posted on 20-06-2019 14:56
The simple answer is that only players themselve can balance teams. And this must be done by them instantly during the running round and not in the next round.

If the teams are unbalanced the skilled players either need to switch instantly to the weaker team to help or they stay in the stronger team but playing absolutely restrained to let the weaker team get flags and/or kills.

It does not help if all skilled players switch to the loosing team at next round. This would just make the former loosing team to the dominating team and the raping starts on the other side.
It also does not help to randomize teams because this could also set all strong players by coincidence to the same team while addititionally friends that wanna play togteher are splitted - without any guarantee that the radomization brings success.

Therefore: If you wanna have balanced teams learn to play carefully if you are in the stronger team or just join the weaker team instantly.

To be clear, the game is highly dynamic and therefore it's not that easy as you might have in mind to balance teams automatically. Most of the things that was posted here have already beend tested earlier days and the result was either whining players or simply no difference in balance.

Lets just take an easy example:

You have 4 players (#1,#2,#3,#4) with same skill level of 100. that means team #A with player #1 and #2 has a "power" of 200 and team #B with player #3 and #4 also has a "power" of 200.

Well, now we have 2 teams with same power but what happens if just player #3 goes idle because he got a phone call? While team #A still has a power of 200, team #B has now a power of 100 - or in other words: Team #A is now twice as strong as team #B only because 1 of 4 players got a phone call.

Now take this example with 64 players and you are already in big trouble with any balance-automation even if we are still far away from a real world example!

In reallity you have to account much more things, not only the idle case. Some players are good in vehicles/jets/helis, others are good teamplayers (flag cappers/defenders) and still others are specialiced in tactics or their equipment usage (like C4). All this different type of players would need to be balanced between both teams and none of them could go idle or leave the server otherwise your teams are unbalanced.

Finally:

Of course we can do a few things that may balance the teams automatically but the real responsibility for team balance is in the players hand. as more players learn to play restrained if they are in the overpowered team, there more balance you will get. However after more than 10 years BF2 history i dont believe that players will ever understand nor learn this.
Author
HowAndWhen

Posted on 20-06-2019 16:07
The point of scrambling teams is not to achieve perfectly balanced teams every round. But what it does offer is some unpredictability and mixes the dynamic of the server up between rounds, as opposed to the stagnant gameplay of the same players on the same teams.

It's not a realistic approach to expect of players themselves to balance teams out -you said it yourself; "players won't learn this (although I would argue that they are fully aware of this, they just don't care).

All in all I still see no reasonable argument against team scrambling. Yes it's not going to accomplish perfectly balanced teams every single round. But the goal is simply to mix things up, not to achieve a perfectly homogene server population.
Edited by HowAndWhen on 20-06-2019 16:09
Author
TOMATO

Posted on 21-06-2019 01:37
0% teamwork. k/d and ets. hello theblackhawkx,watching your game...
Edited by TOMATO on 21-06-2019 01:45
Author
theblackhawkx

Posted on 21-06-2019 14:02
TOMATO wrote:
0% teamwork. k/d and ets. hello theblackhawkx,watching your game...

What do you mean? I don't care about my k/d, win/loss ratio, yeah normally i only play in chopper because i have more fun but who are you to say that i don't play the objective?

Anyway, i don't know why people keep coming here to talk shit about others, this thread is for discussing the teams balance.

@topic: @Clubradio, Obviously the key to the team balance is in the players themselves but the problem is most of them don't care and i think it's too late to do anything about it. Yeah, randomizing teams doesn't assure 100% balance each round but at least it will save 60-80% of the rounds from going 250-0 for one dominating team
Author
webtrol

Posted on 22-06-2019 00:09
Club said ''The simple answer is that only players themselve can balance teams.'' I say easier said than done. Problem is players don't switch and the server dies...smiley

webtrol
Author
Djbattlefield

Posted on 22-06-2019 11:21
Maybe next time I'm in your Z-8 don't take us out of fuk'n bounds to teamkill me because I won't jump out of a 6 seater fuk'n helicopter you asshole.

It's cocksuckers like you that make me want to watch you get raped.

I will never help you ever webtrol...
Author
webtrol

Posted on 22-06-2019 23:46
Clubradio
Super Administrator: I think you need to explain your theory on balancing teams to players like Ratskronexy . [cMc] ECR.RC and __M to name a smileyfew. smiley

webtrol
Author
webtrol

Posted on 22-06-2019 23:52
Djbattlefield: When the sun comes up, does that hurt your feelings too. Dude get a life , grow a pair and get over it(Petroboss Clone). Wasn't trying to kill you by red lining, I was trying to kik you from a full squad that you weren't helping smiley.

webtrol
Edited by webtrol on 22-06-2019 23:57
Author
Djbattlefield

Posted on 23-06-2019 07:24
Does anyone tell the goddamn truth anymore?

Yes, you took us out of bounds because you saw a smoke'n hoT blonde outside of the map. Oh snap, I forgot I, have screenshots...

» View Image in fullsize

Squad is already locked, then you proceed to go out of bounds to get me out of your Z-8 that I have already refused to leave.

» View Image in fullsize

The next time you try this shit I'll be sure to report ja sweetheart.
Author
HowAndWhen

Posted on 23-06-2019 08:42
For fuck sake create your own forum thread. OP has already asked of you to stay on topic, can you at the very least show some minuscule sense of respect and keep your meaningless BF2 drama where it belongs?

Even if it's ultimately, and in all likelihood, fruitless; I still believe this thread brings to light a worthwhile discussion. Let's keep it at that, yeah?
Edited by HowAndWhen on 23-06-2019 09:06
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jump to Forum:
 LOGIN off
Username

Password

» Register Username
» Forgotten pass?
 LOYALTY SYSTEM off
 JOIN TEAMSPEAK 3 off

1 Users @ TS3 online

• Chapaev

MY BF2 BUDDIES off
 REQUEST AN ADMIN off
 REPORT VIOLATION off
 UNBAN REQUEST off
 PB UPDATE HOWTO off
Copyright © 2007-2024 2F4Y.com | A-1100 Vienna, Austria. All rights reserved. | Terms & Conditions