You must login to post a message.

3scort3 - 29.03.24 / 13:18

meanwhile u can make a MajorLeeStoned2.

willy - 28.03.24 / 19:57

BTW premium can't be bought. Except by PSX

willy - 28.03.24 / 19:56

48 times.

MajorLeeStoned - 28.03.24 / 10:38

oops . meant to say ive played this server over 48,00 times according to my stats.

MajorLeeStoned - 28.03.24 / 10:35

thanks guys .. still nothing, ive okayed this server over 48,000 times! Do i need to pay for a premium to get back on ?

HeartOf20Men - 27.03.24 / 20:23

MajorLee hope they figure it out and we see you back bro!!

AkopJan - 27.03.24 / 09:33

Major! Major! Major! Major! Major! Major! Major! Major!

willy - 27.03.24 / 01:16

Release the major!

MajorLeeStoned - 26.03.24 / 21:33

im in the uk. Tried everything . reinstalled .. router off for 30 mins to get a new DHCP IP ..nothing working

MajorLeeStoned - 26.03.24 / 21:32

Im seeing in the forum people waiting months to years and no admin responses! IS THAT IT FOR ME THEN ? Pissed off!

Shoutbox Archive
 VIEW THREAD off
2F4Y.com | English Forums | General Discussion
Author Spectator bot on server (allidoisspectate)
Mr249

Posted on 03-04-2020 00:35
Hi everyone, but especially hi to the admins,

About a week ago I started to develop an automated spectator for BF2, simply dubbed "bf2-auto-spectator". The primary goal is to bring people back to this game by having a gateway (a Twitch live stream) for them to (re-)discover it. Unless I am testing changes to the "bot", it live streams everything it does.

Now to the point of this post:
I noticed that the bot's account is the "current number 1" in your rankings after a Twitch viewer pointed me to your site. I was not aware of this ranking and I definitely did not intend to take this spot from a "human" player. Also, some players started to notice an "always afk" account on the server.

So, dear admins:
If you don't want the spectator on your server at all, let me know.
If you want it to leave the server once it's full, let me know.
If you want me to "buy" a reserved slot, let me know.

Basically, let's figure something out that works for you guys and your players. If that means that I have one less server to work with, that's fine with me.

If you any questions, I'll be glad to provide answers.

Cheers,
Mr.249

P.S.: I tried to provide links to the bot's Twitch channel and it's source code on GitHub, but got an "Invalid message content" error. However, neither should be hard to find.
Edited by Mr249 on 03-04-2020 00:36
Author
w33d mode22

Posted on 03-04-2020 02:01
Yo Mr249!.

I think it's awesome, +1 point from me, i hope the admins will interested.

GooD Luck!

2 Beer or not 2 Beer?

“I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, i'll be nice to you. Simple as that!”

DISCORD w33dmode22#3472

BF2Hub Stats https://www.bf2hub.com/stats/124348847

HOW TO DOWNLOAD BF2 -->> https://lost-soldiers.org/S_h_a_r_k_93#about
Author
Clubradio
Super Administrator

Posted on 03-04-2020 06:58
Mr249 wrote:
Hi everyone, but especially hi to the admins

Hi.

Mr249 wrote:
About a week ago I started to develop an automated spectator for BF2, simply dubbed "bf2-auto-spectator". The primary goal is to bring people back to this game by having a gateway (a Twitch live stream) for them to (re-)discover it. Unless I am testing changes to the "bot", it live streams everything it does.

Nice idea and good work!

Mr249 wrote:
Now to the point of this post:
I noticed that the bot's account is the "current number 1" in your rankings after a Twitch viewer pointed me to your site. I was not aware of this ranking and I definitely did not intend to take this spot from a "human" player. Also, some players started to notice an "always afk" account on the server.

I removed the bot from our stats tracking system and excluded his profile id from further tracking.

Mr249 wrote:
So, dear admins:
If you don't want the spectator on your server at all, let me know.
If you want it to leave the server once it's full, let me know.
If you want me to "buy" a reserved slot, let me know.

Basically, let's figure something out that works for you guys and your players. If that means that I have one less server to work with, that's fine with me.

If you any questions, I'll be glad to provide answers.

I think we can deal with your bot as needed. Means we can fully automated switch, kick and even ban him temporarily if necessary.
I assume your bot is trying to rejoin the server(s) automatically.

To conserve resources i would suggest to implement a simple solution that allows the bot to query state information from the server provider.
For example:

--server-state-url https://2F4Y.com/allidoisspectate.bot
--server-state-interval 15
--server-state-timeout 5

In this example the bot would query https://2F4Y.com/allidoisspectate.bot each 15 seconds. The state file contains a string like "stay" or "leave" so the bot knows that he can/should stay or must leave. If the file does not exist, "stay" is assumed. If the http request takes longer than 5 seconds (--server-state-timeout) the last known state is assumed.

Mr249 wrote:
P.S.: I tried to provide links to the bot's Twitch channel and it's source code on GitHub, but got an "Invalid message content" error. However, neither should be hard to find.

If i find time i will fetch the GitHub repo. Maybe we add our own streaming bot for the 2F4Y website too. Thanks for providing the bot open source.
Author
basel1

Posted on 04-04-2020 10:28
it's very cool.

simply for my information:

does the bot use a server slot? therfore now there will be 31 + 31 players or it won't change anything, it's always 32 + 31 players so 63 in total?

I watched on twitch and if I can make a small suggestion and if it is possible I think it would be much better and much more immersive a view in the first person rather than a view from behind the player because we do not see big thing

BF2 ''^^''

» View Image in fullsize
Author
Clubradio
Super Administrator

Posted on 04-04-2020 10:38
basel1 wrote:
does the bot use a server slot? therfore now there will be 31 + 31 players or it won't change anything, it's always 32 + 31 players so 63 in total?

Yes it is using a server slot. That's why the bot developer has created this forum thread.

basel1 wrote:
I watched on twitch and if I can make a small suggestion and if it is possible I think it would be much better and much more immersive a view in the first person rather than a view from behind the player because we do not see big thing

BF2 does not have a first person view for spectators. The bot is using the view provided by the game engine.
Author
basel1

Posted on 04-04-2020 11:00

what is the 64th slots for? it is never used, why not open it?

BF2 ''^^''

» View Image in fullsize
Author
Clubradio
Super Administrator

Posted on 04-04-2020 11:02
basel1 wrote:

what is the 64th slots for? it is never used, why not open it?

It is used for players that are on the reserved slot list.
Author
Mr249

Posted on 05-04-2020 13:55
Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

I removed the bot from our stats tracking system and excluded his profile id from further tracking.

Thanks!

I think we can deal with your bot as needed. Means we can fully automated switch, kick and even ban him temporarily if necessary.
I assume your bot is trying to rejoin the server(s) automatically.

To conserve resources i would suggest to implement a simple solution that allows the bot to query state information from the server provider.
For example:

--server-state-url [...]
--server-state-interval 15
--server-state-timeout 5

In this example the bot would query [...] each 15 seconds. The state file contains a string like "stay" or "leave" so the bot knows that he can/should stay or must leave. If the file does not exist, "stay" is assumed. If the http request takes longer than 5 seconds (--server-state-timeout) the last known state is assumed.

Great idea, the query-approach works for me. Unless you consider this feature a requirement for having the bot on the server, I would like to implement the two following features first, so the bot can deal with the info from the query:
1. Multi-server support (allowing the bot to switch servers on it's own based on the servers' status)
2. YAML config for server details rather than providing them via cli args

I hope I'll be able to implement both features during the coming week.

That would probably only possible by modding the game. I do, however, have a few ideas to make the stream more interesting. smiley
Author
Clubradio
Super Administrator

Posted on 05-04-2020 15:48
Mr249 wrote:
Unless you consider this feature a requirement

Just a suggestion, no requirement.
Author
IDF-Akaorcram

Posted on 30-05-2020 03:07
Really nice idea. Bot still running?

2F4Y, yes but only in a Jet smiley
Author
Mr249

Posted on 23-07-2020 16:08
@IDF-Akaorcram: Yes, the bug is still running (twitch / allidoisspectate). Or again, maybe. Took a little break but I am working on a permanent setup.

@Clubradio: I have added an online controller for the bot to control it via Twitch chat. If you want, I can mod you on Twitch so you can send it to another server if you want to
!joinserver [ip] [port] [password]

Edited by Mr249 on 23-07-2020 16:09
Author
Mr249

Posted on 12-02-2022 12:37
@Clubradio: Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I changed the name of the bot and thus it now has a different pid.

Could you please exclude twitch.tv/bf2tv (pid: 500470370) from the stats system? smiley
Jump to Forum:
 LOGIN off
Username

Password

» Register Username
» Forgotten pass?
 LOYALTY SYSTEM off
 JOIN TEAMSPEAK 3 off

2 Users @ TS3 online

• REZANNNNN
  • RR.Stalker

MY BF2 BUDDIES off
 REQUEST AN ADMIN off
 REPORT VIOLATION off
 UNBAN REQUEST off
 PB UPDATE HOWTO off
Copyright © 2007-2024 2F4Y.com | A-1100 Vienna, Austria. All rights reserved. | Terms & Conditions