Tried it once

Not at all

You must login to vote.
 SHOUTBOX off
You must login to post a message.

dbcooper - 28.09.20 / 05:35

It's the "new" autobalance.

Vortinator - 28.09.20 / 00:04

I play this game a lot with friends and keep getting switched out squad every evening

nedobitiy - 27.09.20 / 11:52

hi

gigilika - 26.09.20 / 19:10

Whats`up guys??Still in war?smiley)

leo1201 - 26.09.20 / 15:52

Hello I still have my unique and legit key of BF2 so normally it's working but can we buy more key for friends ?

goodguy7777 - 26.09.20 / 09:11

captaın brocato named cheater on server watch him you will see directly

your_fbi_agent - 25.09.20 / 17:26

i am egyptian actually

w33d mode22 - 25.09.20 / 10:53

u can change your key as much as u want even a 1k or a 100k times, but it must be approved by adm.

basel1 - 25.09.20 / 09:30

not american?? xD https://www.youtube.com/w
atch?v=ull5YaEHvw0

your_fbi_agent - 24.09.20 / 20:28

i am not american

Shoutbox Archive
 VIEW THREAD off
2F4Y.com | English Forums | General Discussion
Author Forced teamswitch
FlashyMcFlash

Posted on 11-09-2020 22:22
Greetings,

I've noticed that there's a team-switching mechanism that moves players to the other team.

Let me offer you my feedback about it - this is not a rant, nor a suggestion.
What I've noticed is that some players get switched to the "losing team" no matter whether they're lone wolfing or part of a squad. I have no idea about how efficient this functionality is, BUT... to give you a perspective about my playing style:

When I enter a server I always switch to the losing side because it's not fun playing when you know your team is gonna win. Also, joining the losing side gives you a challenge to try harder and help your team win. So I play for the losing side 1 round, 2 rounds, 3 rounds... and then we start winning - now at this point I'm getting switched. It doesn't matter whether I'm in a squad or lone-wolfing - I have 0 incentive to play from this point on and as an act of protest - I start sabotaging or being AFK on the team I got switched. Furthermore, if I'm playing with my group of friends as a squad and I get switched, I'll always wait for the opportunity to switch back while sitting AFK on my "new team".

I have no idea why you would switch people that are already in a squad but allow me to toll you this: if you're aiming to improve balance, then this is not a good solution.

I'm pretty sure I speak for a majority of the players here but here's my presumption about 2F4Y:

!) There's no such thing as team balancing as long as Air-whoring is a thing

2) If you switch a member of a squad - he will have zero incentive to play for the new side.

3) I can play for team A. Team A Losing 5 rounds in a row and all of a sudden it starts winning on round 6. At that moment, admins start "switching players" to Team B because: admins are playing on Team B (including their favorited airwhores). Whereas nobody gave an effort to help Team A whiles they were losing for 5 rounds in a row.

4) Airwhores are a bunch of toxic no lifers. I personally like to fly from time to time, but I keep in mind that there's other people who may want to fly the jet or tank depending on the map. Everyone should have the chance to try out different styles of play. My main preference is mostly infantry squad leading and I embrace BF2 about the diversity of game-play. But when you have certain players who join the game just to air-whore, then it becomes frowned upon.

5) There is a good number of players who play just to solely use the map-dominating vehicles. Example: Mashtuur - If the aiwhore gets his Blackhawk and crashes within 3 minutes - then he's gonna go AFK for the rest of the whole round. Furthermore, he's gonna switch back to the USMC side next round in order to get the Blackhawk again and single seat in it with a friend. I think this kind of behavior is wrong and should be discouraged. But that's my 2 cents...

All in all - next time you target me for forced switch - know that I will sit AFK, or sabotage the team I got switched to, and switch back the moment I get the chance - because I don't agree with your teamswitching policy and you favoring Airwhores on this server.

THE FLA5H88
Author
LaZeR

Posted on 11-09-2020 23:55
fucking airwhores, up to no good as usual...

Battlefield 2 videos:
- 2F4Y & 2v2
- Incinerate them all
- Air Born
- Air Born #2
Author
one2one69

Posted on 12-09-2020 09:30
every time I read 'airwhore' or 'airwhores' I heard this....
Author
one2one69

Posted on 12-09-2020 09:34
Personally I don't have any problem with "Airwhores"....I'd much prefer a skilled pilot and or gunner in my teams assets than the countless idiots that think they're "top gun".....
I do however have a problem with pad rape....that can be very annoying
Author
mesito

Posted on 12-09-2020 15:25
At one point hes absolutely right - when u fought hard to cap some flags and then get switched to the other team, my motivation drops to almost zero...
Author
FlashyMcFlash

Posted on 16-09-2020 01:09
Seriously, everytime I'm in a squad and I get force-teamswitched - I tend to play SOOOO BAD, 1-30 KD ratio, I have no idea what's happening...

I find myself running at the the enemy, and I can't get a single direct hit on them.
If I drive a tank - I keep getting killed by mines, those invisible mines!
If I fly a jet, I always crash...
If I fly a heli - my router always lags out and i end up hitting a tree and killing my gunner...
If I get a vehicle - the enemy snipers always 1-shot me as if I'm standing still...
If I spawn - I always end up pressing the the "Suicide" button instead of "Done"

Weird...

Please, for the sake of "teamplay" - stop switching me when I'm in a squad...
Edited by FlashyMcFlash on 16-09-2020 01:10
Author
Clubradio
Super Administrator

Posted on 16-09-2020 15:11
FlashyMcFlash wrote:
Seriously, everytime I'm in a squad and I get force-teamswitched - I tend to play SOOOO BAD, 1-30 KD ratio, I have no idea what's happening...

I find myself running at the the enemy, and I can't get a single direct hit on them.
If I drive a tank - I keep getting killed by mines, those invisible mines!
If I fly a jet, I always crash...
If I fly a heli - my router always lags out and i end up hitting a tree and killing my gunner...
If I get a vehicle - the enemy snipers always 1-shot me as if I'm standing still...
If I spawn - I always end up pressing the the "Suicide" button instead of "Done"

Weird...

Please, for the sake of "teamplay" - stop switching me when I'm in a squad...

Oh really? If you "disturb gameplay" and violate the Sportsman Agreement like that someone will make sure that you won't play in any team from then.

If the server is switching you than there is a reason for it! Take it like a man...
Author
FlashyMcFlash

Posted on 16-09-2020 23:03
Too bad Sportsman Agreement applies only to a specific category of players whilst giving an "exception" for another group.
I'll be happy to stay AFK, I'm pretty sure it ain't covered by the Sportsman Agreement

P.S. As I've already stated - When I join a server, I always go for the losing team. It's a lot better then any other automated teamswitching system you already have. If that's not sportsmanship, then idk wtf is...
Edited by FlashyMcFlash on 16-09-2020 23:08
Author
Clubradio
Super Administrator

Posted on 16-09-2020 23:38
FlashyMcFlash wrote:
Too bad Sportsman Agreement applies only to a specific category of players whilst giving an "exception" for another group.
I'll be happy to stay AFK, I'm pretty sure it ain't covered by the Sportsman Agreement

This is just the usual "but the others are not switched" moaning.
The server treats everybody the same way and there are no exceptions, also not for admins.

FlashyMcFlash wrote:
P.S. As I've already stated - When I join a server, I always go for the losing team. It's a lot better then any other automated teamswitching system you already have. If that's not sportsmanship, then idk wtf is...

Great, i and many other players do the same but still get switched from time to time. I agree that it does not motivate however it is needed and therefore just to accept.
Author
webtrol

Posted on 18-09-2020 22:51
smileysmileysmiley

webtrol
Jump to Forum:
 LOGIN off
Username

Password

» Register Username
» Forgotten pass?
 DONATIONS off

September 2020

Goal: €0.00

Reached: €49.76

Missing: €0.00

149%
 LOYALTY SYSTEM off
 JOIN TEAMSPEAK 3 off

0 Users @ TS3 online

MY BF2 BUDDIES off
 REQUEST AN ADMIN off
 REPORT VIOLATION off
 UNBAN REQUEST off
 PB UPDATE HOWTO off
Copyright © 2007-2020 2F4Y.com | A-1100 Vienna, Austria. All rights reserved. | Terms & Conditions