Yes, multiple hours a day

Yes, but still more BF2

Tried it once

Not at all

You must login to vote.
 SHOUTBOX off
You must login to post a message.

HowAndWhen - 14.11.19 / 15:50

True you would be dead before you reached it)

w33d mode22 - 14.11.19 / 15:40

sometimes yes, but not because of u Zrecreik smiley

HowAndWhen - 14.11.19 / 15:31

Fragmovie? It will be 30 minutes of watching the stratosphere

w33d mode22 - 14.11.19 / 15:20

@Djbattlefield what u mean? what are u working on? new project or what?

Djbattlefield - 14.11.19 / 14:06

Yea I'm glad w33d 'cause I'm running out of good fighters I work with to fight the team stackers.

w33d mode22 - 14.11.19 / 14:04

time to make FragMove, soon smiley

lol_spagati yeti - 14.11.19 / 04:47

Mode22 now its time to make a full gameplay video instead of exposing vid. smiley

w33d mode22 - 14.11.19 / 04:10

I don't think so, lol

Dexel - 14.11.19 / 04:00

Guess u can't join pOlse now. Your dream ruined

w33d mode22 - 14.11.19 / 03:59

if seriously - it was a misunderstanding, everything is fine.

Shoutbox Archive
 VIEW THREAD off
2F4Y.com | English Forums | Kicked from Server
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Author You have been kicked from the server by admin or for excessive teamkilling...
D1lbertMoist1

Posted on 02-10-2019 18:20
Hello about 4 months ago i also posted in here, i was told to use unbann request but my user name is not in the ban list...
i got approached by a admin via PM and he asked me for the last 8 digits of my cd-key.
i send it to him, but he never send me a message back, or any confirmation that i'm able to play on the server.
Please help, it's been 4 months wait already and i still can't play.

Kind regards!
Author
D1lbertMoist1

Posted on 06-10-2019 17:56
someone please? ingame name is: D1lbertMoist1
forgot to mention
Edited by D1lbertMoist1 on 06-10-2019 17:58
Author
daniow

Posted on 06-10-2019 23:44
i got same problem too. filed but not heard smiley
Author
D1lbertMoist1

Posted on 07-10-2019 09:43
i used to play on this server back in the old days, but it seems they are not very new player friendly. smiley
Author
Baloch1

Posted on 14-10-2019 23:17
same this happening to me smiley
Author
DragonHuN

Posted on 16-10-2019 12:41
hello pls my unbann request my name DragonHuN
Author
DragonHuN

Posted on 16-10-2019 12:42
Ugyanez a probléma is van. beadva, de nem hallották megsmiley
Author
D1lbertMoist1

Posted on 07-11-2019 12:15
I'm sorry but this is just ridiculous...
5 Months later and still nothing.
I don't know if admins are busy but it's not that hard to whitelist some people, and keep your people happy.
Alot of people who didn't play on this server before (like me... well, new account) that are already banned for teamkilling apparently. Why is this even a problem in the first place?
Fix it!
Author
berke59

Posted on 07-11-2019 15:37
if they dont return your cd key message, they know something, its easy. Choose other games.. sad.

» View Image in fullsize
Author
berke59

Posted on 07-11-2019 15:38
Because im new player on this server, i send the unban request, they return me in 2 days and fix my problem, and report admins working everyday, so, admins always active and working. Find the problem on yourself

» View Image in fullsize
Author
D1lbertMoist1

Posted on 08-11-2019 16:00
Well what would they know? like i said i never played under this name on this server, only on a other account over 10 years ago.
And even then i never did something wrong.
And its's not just me who doesn't get whitelisted, alot of people are waiting for months.
Author
Krupp23
Administrator

Posted on 08-11-2019 19:23
Then use your cd-key from 2 years ago - like every normal bf2 player.
The cd-key is your ID in the online world of bf2!

If everyone would use start using their brains again we would have a lot less threads like these!

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
Author
DeeoDoubleG

Posted on 08-11-2019 19:29
Don't know why anyone even wants unbanned anymore. Server is absolute cancer with the same shit players and their low play styles. Then there are the known hackers who play there on a daily basis without consequences. Then you have the dozens of players like you who were banned for probably something petty and you are left waiting months for an answer or will get no reply at all. I think it's pretty clear now that they don't give a shit about the state of their server or the people playing on it.

And they have the cheek to ask for 600 euros per month from their community. omegalewl.
Edited by DeeoDoubleG on 08-11-2019 19:31
Author
Krupp23
Administrator

Posted on 08-11-2019 19:58
DeeoDoubleG wrote:
And they have the cheek to ask for 600 euros per month from their community. omegalewl.

Flatout stupid comment that comes out of nothing but thin air instead of knowledge, but I don't expect anything substantial from this community anymore.

Per month? Costs sum up! If a monthly goal isn't reached, it gets added to the goal of the next month. If a goal gets surpassed, the next month's goal is less big.

Donations are solely to cover the costs for the gameserver that YOU play on and the website that YOU gather to cry about our gameserver.

Donations are NOT for profits.
Donations are NOT for admins (or any other individuals)
Donations are JUST to cover the server costs.

And the cherry on top is the admins that try to keep YOUR playground running (yes, maintenance costs time and money!) and safe from attacks so that YOU can play there - FOR FREE - IN THEIR SPARE TIME.
This happens on a voluntarily basis - and then they read threads like these...

I'd say, you do the math, but well...

Author
DeeoDoubleG

Posted on 08-11-2019 21:01
Krupp23 wrote:
DeeoDoubleG wrote:

Flatout stupid comment that comes out of nothing but thin air instead of knowledge, but I don't expect anything substantial from this community anymore.

Per month? Costs sum up! If a monthly goal isn't reached, it gets added to the goal of the next month. If a goal gets surpassed, the next month's goal is less big.

Donations are solely to cover the costs for the gameserver that YOU play on and the website that YOU gather to cry about our gameserver.

Donations are NOT for profits.
Donations are NOT for admins (or any other individuals)
Donations are JUST to cover the server costs.

And the cherry on top is the admins that try to keep YOUR playground running (yes, maintenance costs time and money!) and safe from attacks so that YOU can play there - FOR FREE - IN THEIR SPARE TIME.
This happens on a voluntarily basis - and then they read threads like these...

I'd say, you do the math, but well...

I know that the server and website require donations to stay online, I'm not disputing that. My point is that you and your team don't even bother to reply to most people on the forums who have questions or need help and there is an admin on your server once in a blue moon. So why would anyone want to donate to help keep that shitshow of a server online?

You could easily solve all this "whining" by recruiting new active ingame and forum admins. There are a few people who would make good admins who are on your server almost every day and don't act like arseholes or break rules. Maybe if there was active admins the server wouldn't be such cancer and people would want to donate their money to help. But from the way the server and website has been run recently it just comes across as you don't care anymore. If you don't, that's fine of course. But don't say one thing then do another.
Author
Krupp23
Administrator

Posted on 08-11-2019 23:23
DeeoDoubleG wrote:
You could easily solve all this "whining" by recruiting new active ingame and forum admins. There are a few people who would make good admins who are on your server almost every day and don't act like arseholes or break rules.

Prove us that 2F4Y.com admins break rules and that one is gone within no time. No proof = no action.

And if you think you can provocate without having things backfiring, you are apparently not ready for the world - 3rd law of newton's physics!

But this kicker blew me over:
"Easily ... recruit [good quality] admins"...

Firstly: system complexity and time
It appeals to me that people think this all comes down to some rcon or bf2cc shit - which! it! is! not!!!

2F4Y.com stayed above water over so many years (nearly 13 now) - because it has a so complex system behind the back that is very hard to grasp.

Introducing admins to such a system takes much more time than "oh here, have a bunch of ingame commands and do this and that"

Secondly: quality assurance and people's expectations in moderators
oh put them on trial then, you would say? Oh well, then the admins on trial might wreak havoc in the mean time and get 2F4Y.com an even "better" image - yay, more unban requests and complaining incoming.
Quality (players' expectation about admins) and quality assurance (experienced admins controlling/reviewing non-experienced) comes into mind.
Who is going to achieve that? Other admins? -> Time?
Maybe an admin voting/review by players/community?
How shall that look like? How is it weighted? How to prevent abuse?

Thirdly: yet people still complaining
My experience of people still complaining even if there wouldn't be anything to complain about.
Not every problem does necessarily become magically solvable by throwing more ressources (in this case HR) at them (number of active admins have been in discussions every once in a while over the years).

Whenever I read about people having so "easy" suggestions I show them (some of) the other requirements they did not see before (remember someone talking about "knowledge" in the shoutbox?) and then ask them to provide us with a full-blown concept - in this case for ingame admins and forum admins.
Then we can talk - until then

Writing this was way too time-consuming (... again!!!) - as this is to rapidly vanish from people's minds again - just as any other comparable exhaustive explaination.

"The only winning move is not to play" - Wargames

... and you guys ask yourself why merely nobody of the admins answer anymore ...

Author
DeeoDoubleG

Posted on 09-11-2019 01:11
Krupp23 wrote:
DeeoDoubleG wrote:
You could easily solve all this "whining" by recruiting new active ingame and forum admins. There are a few people who would make good admins who are on your server almost every day and don't act like arseholes or break rules.

Prove us that 2F4Y.com admins break rules and that one is gone within no time. No proof = no action.

And if you think you can provocate without having things backfiring, you are apparently not ready for the world - 3rd law of newton's physics!

But this kicker blew me over:
"Easily ... recruit [good quality] admins"...

Firstly: system complexity and time
It appeals to me that people think this all comes down to some rcon or bf2cc shit - which! it! is! not!!!

2F4Y.com stayed above water over so many years (nearly 13 now) - because it has a so complex system behind the back that is very hard to grasp.

Introducing admins to such a system takes much more time than "oh here, have a bunch of ingame commands and do this and that"

Secondly: quality assurance and people's expectations in moderators
oh put them on trial then, you would say? Oh well, then the admins on trial might wreak havoc in the mean time and get 2F4Y.com an even "better" image - yay, more unban requests and complaining incoming.
Quality (players' expectation about admins) and quality assurance (experienced admins controlling/reviewing non-experienced) comes into mind.
Who is going to achieve that? Other admins? -> Time?
Maybe an admin voting/review by players/community?
How shall that look like? How is it weighted? How to prevent abuse?

Thirdly: yet people still complaining
My experience of people still complaining even if there wouldn't be anything to complain about.
Not every problem does necessarily become magically solvable by throwing more ressources (in this case HR) at them (number of active admins have been in discussions every once in a while over the years).

Whenever I read about people having so "easy" suggestions I show them (some of) the other requirements they did not see before (remember someone talking about "knowledge" in the shoutbox?) and then ask them to provide us with a full-blown concept - in this case for ingame admins and forum admins.
Then we can talk - until then

Writing this was way too time-consuming (... again!!!) - as this is to rapidly vanish from people's minds again - just as any other comparable exhaustive explaination.

"The only winning move is not to play" - Wargames

... and you guys ask yourself why merely nobody of the admins answer anymore ...

To be honest you make some valid points and I can't argue with that. I'm not trying to bash you or criticize you personally, I appreciate the work you've done and still do.

As someone who played regularly on 2F4Y I can say that most players there are good people and just want to play. Surely you could do trials of some sort to recruit new admins.

Maybe even make a post specifically about it where people can suggest names of people they think would make a good server admin and everyone can give their feedback on said suggested player on whether they agree or disagree.

Like I said there are a few people I can think of who would make good admins, but that's just my opinion. But it would be nice if there was a post about it where other people can suggest players for admin and others can give their opinion. It would make it easier for you guys to tell who can be trusted and who can't.

I'm just trying to suggest something that will benefit everyone. I think at the very least it would be worth a try. Hearing opinions from people who are regular players would be interesting. But at the end of the day the server needs more active admins and I don't think anyone would disagree with that.
Edited by DeeoDoubleG on 09-11-2019 01:17
Author
HowAndWhen

Posted on 09-11-2019 01:14
DeeoDoubleG wrote:
Then you have the dozens of players like you who were banned for probably something petty and you are left waiting months for an answer or will get no reply at all. I think it's pretty clear now that they don't give a shit about the state of their server or the people playing on it.

They are afraid that people will work out how their lackluster protection against ban evasions function if they say too much, so they rather stay silent. It's a bit like flailing the banhammer uncontrollably, innocent players getting banned is seen as acceptable casualties as long as it keeps 1 or 2 braindead cheaters from figuring out how to rejoin the server.

Krupp23 wrote:

I think you misunderstand. I doubt he was implying anything of the sort, I believe he is simply suggesting that there are a few well-behaved players out there that you could recruit.

Krupp23 wrote:

And yet I can evade your bans within 30 seconds?

Krupp23 wrote:

It's not like you've earned yourself the best of a reputation as of late anyway. You've already imposed more damage upon your own image than any shortlived rampant admin abuser ever could.

Krupp23 wrote:

This quote reflects you yourself more than it does anybody else.

Krupp23 wrote:

I agree with the sentiment that it's not easy. Unfortunately, that's entirely beside the point. The argument isn't that what you do is easy, but rather that you don't invest the same effort as you claim you do. If you have to convince others of how great of a job you're doing, you're probably not doing that great of a job at the end of the day.

All too often there is complete silence as if speaking to a wall, and if by some miracle one does successfully fish for a response it's commonly met with some snarky, unhelpful and arrogant answer. In fact, the vast majority of your forum posts are just plain and simple mockery. Do you seriously expect people to treat you with respect, if they aren't given the same in return? The lack of publicized proof, complete silence, and your own poor behavior just further bolsters the impression that you take no responsibility for your actions, you shouldn't be surprised whatsoever when you are questioned on this matter. Ultimately this impression stems from how the server has been administered, you cannot shift the blame upon anybody else for this.

There is a clear willingness among the community to help you improve, but as long as you stubbornly refuse to consider criticism or change your cynical view of others this is nothing more than an unattainable reality; as is within your rights to run things as you see fit, but do not be surprised with players' frustrations when they are being treated like cattle. If you want players to treat you with the respect you deserve for running servers to support an abandoned game, do consider treating them as people in return.

Mister Krupp, before you begin typing up your mockery and rebuttal, as is part of your daily routine, I ask you to consider twice if perhaps that time is better spent helping a new player solving their unexplained ban instead. Whatever aggressive remarks you may post won't really have any meaningful impact and will only serve as unproductive at the very best.
Author
DeeoDoubleG

Posted on 09-11-2019 01:26
HowAndWhen wrote:
DeeoDoubleG wrote:
Then you have the dozens of players like you who were banned for probably something petty and you are left waiting months for an answer or will get no reply at all. I think it's pretty clear now that they don't give a shit about the state of their server or the people playing on it.

Krupp23 wrote:

I think you misunderstand. I doubt he was implying anything of the sort, I believe he is simply suggesting that there are a few well-behaved players out there that you could recruit.

Zrecreik is right. I wasn't implying that 2f4 admins break rules. I mean that there are players on 2f4y who would make good admins because they don't break rules or mess around.

And zre is pretty much right about everything else he said too, although he explained it better.

This guy doesn't even speak English as a first language and yet he speaks better than me. I'm just a simple gypsy smiley
Author
Krupp23
Administrator

Posted on 09-11-2019 08:54
About new admins: people who help others in the forums and report ppl with quality, undeniable proof in our report section (which is then used in unban requests to justify the bans) are considered to get admin rights. What you want is quality admins - this requires dedication and commitment. So basically: work. For free. You are hardly on the server to play anymore. Show me the people who are ready for that. I guess many think: they just get power but no responsibility.
Years ago we had an "Apply for admin" section: the applications were a fucking joke.

I can remember that introducing, teaching and setting up admins takes around 3hrs which is why this not done for every new candidate but in groups.
Yet, it is so much time - time I simply do not have anymore. Simplyfying the process you say? Yes, good idea - working out the concept and implementing it? Will take an even higher amount of time... that I do not have.

I rather invest my spare time into imrpoving server stability and robustness so that the server runs longer and people can complain even more.

I derailed this thread enough, from now on i am back to topic.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jump to Forum:
 LOGIN off
Username

Password

» Register Username
» Forgotten pass?
 DONATIONS off

November 2019

Goal: €618.00

Reached: €0.00

Missing: €618.00

0%
 LOYALTY SYSTEM off
 JOIN TEAMSPEAK 3 off

0 Users @ TS3 online

MY BF2 BUDDIES off
 REQUEST AN ADMIN off
 REPORT VIOLATION off
 UNBAN REQUEST off
 PB UPDATE HOWTO off
Copyright © 2007-2019 2F4Y.com | A-1100 Vienna, Austria. All rights reserved. | Terms & Conditions