Yes, multiple hours a day

Yes, but still more BF2

Tried it once

Not at all

You must login to vote.
 SHOUTBOX off
You must login to post a message.

Rezi - 19.04.24 / 09:28

On the contrary, I appreciate the majority of players for continuing to play BF2

Rezi - 19.04.24 / 09:28

Glek, I don’t feel sincere malice towards anyone in the game.

LaZeR - 19.04.24 / 00:35

@lBurner345 Have you considered the fact that top player might not be a hacker?

willy - 19.04.24 / 00:17

He has no friends

lBurner345 - 18.04.24 / 22:23

Why a hacker is the top player?

glek19 - 18.04.24 / 20:22

There is definitely some kind of mysticism in this game, things happen whose chances are almost equal to 0

glek19 - 18.04.24 / 20:20

only rezan can write nasty things on funny videos, this says a lot about him as a person

Rezi - 18.04.24 / 19:43

Sharqi many rounds are evidence of this)

Rezi - 18.04.24 / 19:43

after all, your game comes down to this - rap and, when hit, gain altitude and fly off to repair)

Rezi - 18.04.24 / 19:39

In general, honor and praise to the guy who stopped the cowardly base rape)

Shoutbox Archive
 VIEW THREAD off
2F4Y.com | English Forums | Off-Topic
Author BF 3 Tactics and advice for beginners
Pitboss
BF2 Admin

Posted on 17-10-2011 14:33
This thread is for the Community to post anything they would like to share about the new game Battlefield 3 regarding good things to to know ingame.

I will start off with these.

1. Good upgrades.

Check the unlock tree to see in what way you can get the infra-red sight fastest for your favorite soldierclass. This unlock is very useful in a veriaty of situations. Also use bipod or foregrip as soon as possible this will make the bullets hit more concentrated (not spraying all over the map smiley )

2. Payback.

When flying jets/heli (choose engineer) and get shot down by enemy fighter/heli. Jump out from a high altitude and engage parachute. Choose your anti-air misslie (Yes it's an unlock) and shoot him down.

3. Ingame experience.

Before starting the game check the platoon to see if any friends from the community is playing right now. Join or make a party for VOIP or use 2F4Y.COM TS3. this way you gaming experience will increase and be more satifying. Also joining a party will make you play on the same side ingame.(NOT confirmed but highly likely)

4. Teamwork.

Same as BF2. Choose a class that matches your what squad need depending on the current situation. (defending/attacking/repairing/reviving/supplying)

IRL; Awesome graphics, shitty gameplay smiley
Author
Antiglucke
BF2 Admin

Posted on 17-10-2011 15:26
regarding 1:
I personally found the IR-scopes very useless as they don't show the enemy on higher distances. All the scopes and weapon-specific upgrades depend on the style of playing so it's useless to give suggestions regarding that specific stuff.
The only thing that everybody should look at is to unlock weapons that you can use globally (as Russian and US, e.g. UMP, M416 etc.) as you else will have to unlock scopes etc. twice.

10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure, 50% pain and a 100% reason to remember the name ;D

"So what if its a female gamer? You cant call it teabaggin... I now introduce the term "lipdip" for the fairer sexed gamers."
Author
Pitboss
BF2 Admin

Posted on 17-10-2011 15:41
Antiglucke wrote:
regarding 1:
I personally found the IR-scopes very useless as they don't show the enemy on higher distances. All the scopes and weapon-specific upgrades depend on the style of playing so it's useless to give suggestions regarding that specific stuff.
The only thing that everybody should look at is to unlock weapons that you can use globally (as Russian and US, e.g. UMP, M416 etc.) as you else will have to unlock scopes etc. twice.

This is true if you can shoot and hit further than 50 m. I can't since I'm too old and shakes all the time. smiley

IR is very useful to spot hiding enemies like snipers and defenders or someone sneaking in bushes. DICE have heated smoke in some places making the sight useless though. (metro map first stage behind Beta-com and last stage around Beta-com.

My personal choice during the Beta.test was a machingun with IR sight, surpressor and bipod or foregrip.

Support class is very powerful in BF3 since you now have regeneration of health.

Author
kotyHUN

Posted on 21-10-2011 10:42
Regarding the IR scopes:

Pitboss said 'his story' during beta, and I tried, and checked IR scope and LOVED THAT! Yes...I'ts almost unusalbe on high distance, BUT... You didn't lost if you have to kill some1 at high distance, because there is a SPOT marker, and you can use that with IR aiming. Ok... it is a kind of blind-shooting, but you can learn how-to. smiley

@Pitboss

Support class is very powerful in BF3

You means at "Operation Métro"....

-----------------

When flying jets/heli (choose engineer) and get shot down by enemy fighter/heli. Jump out from a high altitude and engage parachute. Choose your anti-air misslie (Yes it's an unlock) and shoot him down.

I agree, but with different reason. Instead of leaving burning vehicle, I prefer to land and repair....

And if you are in trouble, just fly over your airport, and the campers at airfield (who w8 for jet/chopper) will shoot down your enemy smiley

Or just fly over Antiglucke's Tank, and he will save you smiley

-------------

And if anyone want to play Anti-Air role, I suggest APC instead of Tank.

My local business site (click)
Edited by kotyHUN on 21-10-2011 10:50
Author
Gunm@n

Posted on 21-10-2011 13:44
Bf3 sux ^^

» View Image in fullsize

» View Image in fullsize
Author
Pitboss
BF2 Admin

Posted on 21-10-2011 14:17
Please keep the thread clean as it is supposed to help beginners.

Author
Pitboss
BF2 Admin

Posted on 31-10-2011 01:29
1. Spot enemies! Use Q or the select buttons to spot enemy players, if they're killed, you'll get a spot bonus worth ten points.

2. Resupply/Health Packs. Playing support? Drop ammo, even if you have full ammo, your team may need it, plus you'll earn points. Same with assault, drop health packs! You can earn up to 120 points, just from one squad member with a health pack.

3. Watch your mini-map! Spotted enemies, newly capped points, and objectives can be revealed.
Take out walls to reveal enemies.
Play the objective, capture bases, defend points, set charges.

4. Recon - set spawn beacons. Especially in hidden areas.
Tactical Lights and Lasers. They make it difficult for the enemy to know exactly where to shoot.

5. Don't have a bipod? Hold shift (left stick) to steady your aim while scoped.

6. IRNV! This scope allows you to see anything and allows you to see individual soldiers out to 500m! Works well in low-light and the bright daylight of Caspian Border.

7. Have a moment? Reload twice. After you blow through a clip and reload, you'll have thirty rounds ready to fire, but if you reload twice, one round is left in the chamber, plus another thirty, leaving you with 31. That last round could be the kill shot!

Edited by Pitboss on 31-10-2011 01:30
Author
kotyHUN

Posted on 01-11-2011 12:49
Yes, 100% agree with Pitboss

Author
Krupp23
Administrator

Posted on 01-11-2011 13:11
Had some delightful evening yesterday on our server with Clubradio and Renesweb:

1. if a player has set a spawn beacon, you cannot spawn on that player anymore - only on his beacon

2. ammo and health boxes supply the enemy, too!

3. many deployed objects like ammo/health boxes, radio beacons, TUGs, EOD bots etc. can be destroyed - AT mines can be destroyed with MBT/APC main gun or other explosives like grenades/C4

4. engineers can pick-up AT mines by holding RELOAD when standing near (no additional loadout required) - same is supposed to be possible with other deployable items.

5. EOD bots: can pickup AT mines but don't trigger them

6. friendly C4 and mines show up on your minimap

7. as soon as an enemy starts shooting nearby he's identified on the minimap for ~2s

8. when you look/aim at an enemy, he is shown TO YOU on the minimap for about ~2s (without explicit spotting)

9. TUGs can only identify fast-moving targets - crouching prevents you from being detected

10. spotted enemies stay on minimap for around 7-10s

11. tactical lights and lasers give away your position

12. many deployed objects can be picked up by their according class

13. snail-speed tanks still trigger AT mines

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
Author
Antiglucke
BF2 Admin

Posted on 01-11-2011 16:21
- you need 2 AT-mines to destroy a tank, 1 will only disable it
- SOFLAM, EOD-Bot and MAV can be parked anywhere and will stay alive until destroyed by an enemy (so you temporarily can land your MAV on a hidden place, walk around the map and reactivate it later - same with EOD etc.)
- SOFLAM sends out a laser which is visible to enemies, thus it's detectable even when hidden in a good spot
- Mortars with pressing 2 can fire smoke-shells which come in handy for your teammates
- the MAV with left-mousebutton can destroy other electronics (spawn-beacon etc.)

10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure, 50% pain and a 100% reason to remember the name ;D

"So what if its a female gamer? You cant call it teabaggin... I now introduce the term "lipdip" for the fairer sexed gamers."
Edited by Antiglucke on 01-11-2011 16:22
Author
kotyHUN

Posted on 02-11-2011 10:17
Rush mode suggestions

(*) If you are in attacker team, you can be a sniper, but please dont camp at ATTACKER's DEPLOYMENT. You can support your squad/team with placing T-UGS / SPAWN BEACON close to M-COM, or defending already armed station

(*) If you are in attacker team, you should defend already armed M-COM station, not flee away...

(*) If you are in defender team, don't move forward to 'spawnkill' attackers. 2 reasons:
1.) That is not fun for they, and server possibly will unocuppied soon
2.) While you are at Attackers deployment, only 1 attacker enought to place explosives on M-COM. And since you're on another half of map, you possibly will have no time to reach M-COM

FAST UNLOCKS FOR WEAPONS:
I intentionally wrote FAST UNLOCK instead of fast ranking up, because this way will not guarantee more scores, but more kills. I suggest you TEAM DEATHMATCH servers, with players 10-30. It's very similar to QUAKE ARENA. Very little map, many players, no objectives. The only 1 objective is: Which team kills 100 enemies first, that team wins. It can be boring, but in 1 hrs, you can make 100 kills easily

MAV - Micro UAV device:
Many ppl already talked, how is MAV works: The control of MAV is:

ASDW - navigating horizontally
SPACE - Climb
CTRL - Descent
LMB - 'JAM' EOD, SOFLAM, SPAWN (that means destroy)
RMB - ZOOM
Q - spot......

The maximum climbing height depends on map, and same as other air vehicle's max height.

BTW, MAV can be used for distracting ppl. You can "play like a fly" with enemy infantries. It should be very annoying for them, and while they're would like to destroy that, your squad can kill them easily.

1 more thing: NEVER fly close to your squads! MAV making a loud, easily recognized sound. Since the enemy hears the sound, and want to spot your MAV, they can be discover your squad, too.

IR SCOPE
Some players consider IR scope as useless, but it's not. Ok, there is no magnification, but in "short" and "medium" range this is perfect. with IR scope you can discover not only soldiers, but all vehicles, mines, claymores, EOD bots, T-UGS, and many disturbing heat sources smiley

EOD BOT
The bot can be used for:
- Plant explosives on M-COM (2 times faster than an infantry)
- Defuse explosives on M-COM (2 times faster than an infantry)
- Repair vehicles
- Damage vehicles
- Kill infantries

Edited by kotyHUN on 02-11-2011 10:28
Author
kotyHUN

Posted on 03-11-2011 12:45
- When an UNSPOTTED enemy placing mortar, and you currently using mortar, you see a white mortar icon on your minimap for A HALF SECOND

- With support kit, basically you can place only 1 claymore. But if you got ammo, you can place more than one, but only 2 will remain 'til your death. On some servers I could place up to 4 claymores, but the first 2 disappeared in a short time; And on some servers you cannot place more than 2

- T-UGS, Mortar, and MOBILE SPAWN will remain after your death, until they are not to be destroyed, or until you not placing another 1.

- to Avoid control problems: BEFORE YOU START TO PLAY BF3, DELETE ALL JOYSTICK BINDING for infantry / land vehicle (as Akaorcram told before). This caused problem for me 3 different cases: once, my infantry zoomed continously (like RMB). It caused by JOY's throttle lever. Twice, my infantry shooted continously. It caused by JOY's throttle lever. Third time my MAV couldn't climb. It caused by throttle lever.... I was too lazy to delete all JOY bindings, so i just deleted 'axis'-es, and throttle lever was called 'trigger'...

-Never let escape a disabled plane! /// from other side: You can land everywhere and repair your plane. Since an empty vehicle cannot be spotted you almost 'hidden'. That 10 second in redzone is enought to repair plane. If not, get in, and get out again to restart counter.

Edited by kotyHUN on 03-11-2011 13:14
Author
renesweb74
BF2 Admin

Posted on 03-11-2011 12:50
kotyHUN wrote:
- When an UNSPOTTED enemy placing mortar, and you currently using mortar, you see a white mortar icon on your minimap for A HALF SECOND

Krupp23 wrote:
7. as soon as an enemy starts shooting nearby he's identified on the minimap for ~2s

Once a player shoots, he is visible on minimap.

Others can say or think about you - if you fight fairly and with dignity - Then is all right!
Youtube-Channel. & .BF2-Profile. & .BF:BC2 Profile. & .Twitter

» View Image in fullsize

» View Image in fullsize
Author
kotyHUN

Posted on 03-11-2011 12:52
I talked about placing mortar, not shooting smiley If shooting, they're shown in orange

Author
IDF-Akaorcram

Posted on 05-11-2011 15:57
This video should help realy well done

2F4Y, yes but only in a Jet smiley
Author
hdgfl
BF2 Admin

Posted on 05-11-2011 16:34
my post ^^

» View Image in fullsize

Edited by hdgfl on 05-11-2011 16:35
Author
IDF-Akaorcram

Posted on 05-11-2011 19:23
hdgfl wrote:
my post ^^

ups^^ xDDD

2F4Y, yes but only in a Jet smiley
Jump to Forum:
 LOGIN off
Username

Password

» Register Username
» Forgotten pass?
 LOYALTY SYSTEM off
 JOIN TEAMSPEAK 3 off

4 Users @ TS3 online

• Chapaev
  • REZANNNNN
  • RR.Stalker
  • valelele

MY BF2 BUDDIES off
 REQUEST AN ADMIN off
 REPORT VIOLATION off
 UNBAN REQUEST off
 PB UPDATE HOWTO off
Copyright © 2007-2024 2F4Y.com | A-1100 Vienna, Austria. All rights reserved. | Terms & Conditions