Yes, multiple hours a day

Yes, but still more BF2

Tried it once

Not at all

You must login to vote.
 SHOUTBOX off
You must login to post a message.

NewKiller - 19.04.24 / 19:23

Look at this russian cocksucker now? ohh seriously you don't? Tsar Rezan is bothered, lets leave guys

NewKiller - 19.04.24 / 19:22

Pattarapong is ten times better than these dogs, at least he is a human being who has a heart

Rezi - 19.04.24 / 19:21

And I certainly won’t read appeals from a sick and offended person)

NewKiller - 19.04.24 / 19:20

You can suck eachothers dicks all day long in teamspeak, keep your doggish barks in there.

glek19 - 19.04.24 / 19:20

rezan is Russian Pattarapong replaces his Thai colleague

NewKiller - 19.04.24 / 19:19

Rezan, it doesn't matter if you care or not, just stop barking at people you fucking fog

mesito - 19.04.24 / 18:28

https://www.youtube.com/w
atch?v=CUN8pdgA0m8

Rezi - 19.04.24 / 18:05

I don’t care at all about the opinion of the offended person)

NewKiller - 19.04.24 / 15:45

You are full of bullshit Rezan

Rezi - 19.04.24 / 09:28

On the contrary, I appreciate the majority of players for continuing to play BF2

Shoutbox Archive
 VIEW THREAD off
2F4Y.com | English Forums | Off-Topic
Author BF3 questions
looseantz

Posted on 01-11-2011 14:56
hi!

do u mind if i ask some questions about BF3?

- i couldn't find the manual on my DVD. online i only found some very rough and mainly campaign oriented pdf-doc with lots of pictures and very little information. does anyone know about an exhaustive manual?

- by now i have quite some unlocks i.e. laser sight for the M416, grenade launcher etc. some of them appear in my list of equipment (launcher, Flak, the little robot ...). others don't, like the lasersight. and while everyone else is running around with these annoying red laser beams, i can't see mine. is there something else i have to do to use it? like switch it on?

- as an engineer, i have the unlocks for the IGLA. when i tried to use it, it just wouldn't fire. what did i do wrong?

- is it poosible to switch squads? and to access a chosen squad? whenever i leave my automatically attributed squad i can only make the server make me "find another squad". what do i do wrong here?

- in BF2, when i didn't want to be squadleader because i suck and get killed a lot, it was enough to leave the squad and return. usually some other squadmember was pushed into the leader position. in BF3 when i leave the squad and then return, the server allways puts me back into the leader position, i think. have u also noticed this or am i doing something wrong again?

- in the battlelog server list, i still don't see the pings of the various servers on the list. do u see pings?

- is the joining of a "battlelog party" the only way to communicate with the squad over voice? apart from something like TS? and does that mean u have to go to battlellog every time u switch squads?

thanks a lot for ur help!

looseantz
Author
Antiglucke
BF2 Admin

Posted on 01-11-2011 17:12
1) exhaustive manual: no idea

2) The lasersight and weapon-specific unlocks have to be configured in the weapons menu. You can find this menu under the progress-bar on the selected weapon (see attached screenshot)

3) IGLAs need to be locked to air-vehicles at first. You cannot shoot them without lock. To lock onto a plane it has to be in a certain range (orange box will appear) and after a few seconds it will be locked on

4) Squads can be switched ingame, you have to leave your old squad before you can join a new one (probably this is what you're doing wrong). At least 2 guys have to be in a squad, lone-wulf squads cannot be opened (After you've joined an empty squad you'll automatically become squadleader after a second person joined the squad). Squadmanagement sometimes is a little bugged. If you cannot join a particular squad it probably is locked (set to private).

5) never tried, no idea

6) I see the pings of almost all servers.

7) Yes, afaik this is the only way. I don't think it will work to go to Battlelog as you then would have to invite the squadmates to your party or similar...

10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure, 50% pain and a 100% reason to remember the name ;D

"So what if its a female gamer? You cant call it teabaggin... I now introduce the term "lipdip" for the fairer sexed gamers."
Antiglucke attached the following image:

Edited by Antiglucke on 01-11-2011 17:15
Author
Krupp23
Administrator

Posted on 01-11-2011 19:07
Pings are calculated client-side.

If your network is not configured to accept ICMP requests/replies then you won't have any pinging.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
Author
looseantz

Posted on 01-11-2011 20:36
@ Antiglucke & Krupp:

thx a LOT! at least the accessories thing is resolved now. yeah. i finally have the annoying red lights, too.

i still haven't figured out how to join a squad chosen by me. i'll keep trying.

Krupp23 wrote:
Pings are calculated client-side.

If your network is not configured to accept ICMP requests/replies then you won't have any pinging.

can you give me a hint how i can configure my network in order to accept ICMP requests? i tried my "systemsteuerung - netzwerkeinstellungen" but couldn't find anything resembling this (i am running windows 7).

but thx for these answers. sorry for being such a noob.

looseantz
Author
Krupp23
Administrator

Posted on 01-11-2011 22:21
http://www.google.de/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&oe=ISO-8859-1&q=icmp+windows-7+firewall&btnG=Search&meta=

Author
looseantz

Posted on 02-11-2011 01:34
@Krupp:

danke!

anscheinend hat sich die syntax geändert. dein link verweist jedenfalls auf diese seite hier: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947709

dort wird unter Punkt 4 die ICMP-freigabe behandelt. leider handelt es sich anscheinend um eine "maschinell" übersetzte seite, so dass ich bei der genauen syntax des befehls dann doch nicht weiterkomme. ich habe es mal mit

"Netsh Advfirewall Firewall add Rule Name = ” eingehende V4 Echo zulassen von ICMP-Anforderung ” Protocol = Icmpv4:icmpv8, all Dir = in Action = enable"

sowie

"Netsh Advfirewall Firewall add Rule Name = ” eingehende V4 Echo zulassen von ICMP-Anforderung ” Protocol = Icmpv4:icmpv8, all Dir = enable"

versucht, aber er sagt mir, ein parameter sei falsch. nur welcher? da ich leider keine ahnung habe, weiß ich erst mal nicht weiter.

aber vielen dank für die bisherige hilfe.

looseantz
Author
looseantz

Posted on 02-11-2011 01:54
ahhhhh. habe jetzt die original-seite gefunden, die original-befehle eingegeben und bekomme vom system "OK" als rückmeldung. sehe aber noch keine pings. jetzt fahre ich den rechner mal runter. vielleicht verändert sich ja dadurch etwas.

looseantz
Author
looseantz

Posted on 02-11-2011 18:50
still no pings. maybe i should deactivate my ESET firewall, too.

looseantz
Author
Pitboss
BF2 Admin

Posted on 03-11-2011 05:05
You don't need ping that much. Just choose a server with a name indicating a country close to you or same if thats possible.

Sometimes you can get low ping but the server lags anyway.

Pick one with many players from the platoon and join 2F4Y.COM TS3.

That way you always get a good server, we hate lag all of us and would leave if it had high ping or was lagging and you get good teamwork.

IRL; Awesome graphics, shitty gameplay smiley
Author
kotyHUN

Posted on 03-11-2011 13:13
Are AT MINES disappear after your death or not?

How many AT MINES can you place if you got ammo? (3+ x...?)

My local business site (click)
Author
Krupp23
Administrator

Posted on 03-11-2011 13:18
I can only place 3 (same with C4).
Yet: I have also seen 5 on a road - couldn't tell if it was from one person.

Maybe the ammo specialization gives you more mines?

Author
Pitboss
BF2 Admin

Posted on 03-11-2011 13:26
With upgrades I do 5 mines and they stay until round ends or are destroyed or picked up.

Eg; Run over, picked up, shot with some weapon making them explode.

IRL; Awesome graphics, shitty gameplay smiley
Author
milchy1
BF2 Admin

Posted on 03-11-2011 18:48
Krupp23 wrote:
I can only place 3 (same with C4).
Yet: I have also seen 5 on a road - couldn't tell if it was from one person.

Maybe the ammo specialization gives you more mines?

It's "EXPLOSIVES" specialization which gives you more mines,rockets etc....

"AMMUNITION" specialization gives extended ammo for primary and secondary weapon (rifle + sidearms..)...smiley

» View Image in fullsize
Author
Antiglucke
BF2 Admin

Posted on 05-11-2011 13:24
Fixed server pinging problems in Internet Explorer 8/9 under “Protected mode”
Due to browser settings in Internet Explorer, server pings did not appear in the Server Browser and has now been fixed. This only affected Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox work as intended. Requested by FixWithFirepower among others. More info in these 2 threads on Get Satisfaction.

Maybe you used IE and your problem is fixed now looseantz?

10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure, 50% pain and a 100% reason to remember the name ;D

"So what if its a female gamer? You cant call it teabaggin... I now introduce the term "lipdip" for the fairer sexed gamers."
Author
looseantz

Posted on 05-11-2011 14:14
Antiglucke wrote:
Fixed server pinging problems in Internet Explorer 8/9 under “Protected mode”
Due to browser settings in Internet Explorer, server pings did not appear in the Server Browser and has now been fixed. This only affected Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox work as intended. Requested by FixWithFirepower among others. More info in these 2 threads on Get Satisfaction.

Maybe you used IE and your problem is fixed now looseantz?

read your post, immediately started battlelog ... and no, no pings. not even when i turn my firewall off.

i kind of like the battlelog and the wealth of information it offers. and from a marketing/sales point of view i can understand why EA wants it. but i don't think that the advantages outweigh the increase in complexity. sometimes i think that these companies have a tendency to always develop things just slightly beyond the level of complexity they can still manage.

looseantz
Author
milchy1
BF2 Admin

Posted on 05-11-2011 18:53
Battlelog definatively doesn't show ping for ALL servers,no matter which browser is used,at least not for me.

» View Image in fullsize
Author
craig123abc

Posted on 12-11-2011 09:22
hi krupp i have dun what u said but it says Sorry, found no servers 2f4y,com
smiley
Jump to Forum:
 LOGIN off
Username

Password

» Register Username
» Forgotten pass?
 LOYALTY SYSTEM off
 JOIN TEAMSPEAK 3 off

2 Users @ TS3 online

• Chapaev
  • REZANNNNN

MY BF2 BUDDIES off
 REQUEST AN ADMIN off
 REPORT VIOLATION off
 UNBAN REQUEST off
 PB UPDATE HOWTO off
Copyright © 2007-2024 2F4Y.com | A-1100 Vienna, Austria. All rights reserved. | Terms & Conditions